- I agree to abide by all safety procedures implemented by The Swim Factory particularly with regard to Covid-19 Safe Practices including mask wearing, physical distancing, QR code check in and hand sanitising
- QR Code check in is mandated by the Victorian Government. Refusal to comply will result in entry to our facility being refused
- Fees are payable by Direct Debit weekly and my payment start date will be provided in a 'Confirmation' email provided after my registration is received.
- Lessons missed for Australia Day, Easter and Anzac Day can be made up.
- Covid Lockdowns.
- Fees will still be processed for the first week of lockdown and this lesson will be made up
- If Lockdown goes for two full weeks or longer payments will be suspended after the first week provided we have sufficient notice from the government to comply with our financials insitution's required notice of a minimum of 5 business days
- We are unable to suspend payments for part of a week
- An enrolment fee of $25 per child and fees for my first 2 lessons ($38 per child) will be processed within 24 hours of receipt of my registration.
- My first weekly payment by Direct Debit will be processed on the Monday of the week following my first lesson. This will mean I am 2 weeks in advance.
- Lessons must remain paid two weeks in advance at all times
- One month's written notice is required to terminate lessons and Payments. I accept that completion of a 'Termination of Lessons and Payments' form must be completed. This form is available in hard copy only from Reception.
- If a payment is declined by your financial institution The Swim Factory wiil impose a $10 charge to cover administration and bank fees charged to us and we have the right to withdraw your child from the program
- There is a one -off $25 enrolment fee per child which covers, but is not limited to, insurance and administration costs
- Lesson fees are processed by Direct Debit weekly
- Weekly Direct Debit Payments are $19.00 per student per lesson
- Fees must remain 2 weeks in advance at all times
- If I cancel lessons and wish to re-book at a later date, the $25.00 enrolment fee per child applies when re-enrolling and my payments must remain 2 weeks in advance at all times
Refunds or Credits
The Swim Factory has a no refund and no credit policy under any circumstances
Holidays & suspending payments
- Christmas/New Year: The Swim Factory will suspend payments for a two weeks over this period
- Holidays: Families can suspend payments for a further two weeks at any other time during the year (without losing their booking). The Swim Factory requires a minimum of one month's notice
- National Holidays: we are closed for Australia Day, Easter and Anzac Day-These lessons will be made up
- Long holidays: families who wish to take a holiday for more than two weeks can retain their booking and suspend their regular payment by paying a fee of $10 for each lesson they will be absent above two weeks
- Short Breaks: we recommend a make up class rather than suspend payments
- Unforeseen circumstances where closure is for two weeks or longer, such as but not limited to Government lockdown due to Covid, major and/or urgent repairs to equipment, The Swim Factory will suspend all payments for the duration of any such closure
Terminating Lessons and Payments
The Swim Factory has a process for Terminating Lessons and Payments that is as follows:
- I must provide at least one month's notice in writing by completion of a 'Terminating Lessons and Payments' form available from Reception. This is a hard copy form only. We will provide an email copy during periods of Lockdown
- Verbal, phone, text or email termination is not accepted
- Once the financial contract is cancelled your account becomes inactive and all unused make up lessons are forfeited
Missed Lessons Make Ups: effective 1 July 2021
Missed lessons can be 'made up' under the following conditions:
- Make ups are limited to 2 per child per month-make ups for one child can be used by siblings who are in the program. When a child drops out of the program unused make ups expire
- A minimum of one hour's advance notice is required
- Make ups are valid for 1 calendar month (provided my child remains enrolled in the program), unless we are forced to close due to Covid-19 (these make ups wiil be open ended while you remain in the program)
- It is the parent’s responsibility to:
- notify any absence by the given time, via the Parent Portal
- schedule a make up class by the expiry date where a vacancy exists.
- Reception staff are unable to accept notification of absences and I accept this is a Parental responsibility
- All staff are accredited and have current Police and Working with Children Checks.
- We are unable to guarantee that you child will always have the same teacher
Health Issues and illness
I understand and accept that if my child or I am unwell, FOR ANY REASON, we cannot attend the facility.
Bowel movements in the pool are a significant health hazard which may force us to cancel classes and drain the pool. Parents MUST make sure their child has been to the toilet prior to starting the lesson. All children should be well and healthy when they come to lessons. Any child who has diarrhoea should stay away from the swimming pool for 7 days after all signs have disappeared. This is standard industry practice and supported by Government Health Authorities.
The Swim Factory staff reserve the right to refuse children entry to class where they are visibly unwell or suffering from an infection (For example but not limited to Chest, Eye, Ear, Skin) until a Medical Certificate from a Medical Practitioner clears the child to swim.
Infants Aquatics Protocols
I understand and accept that any child enrolling in an Infants Aquatics classes, regardless of their level of toilet training and/or older children who are not fully toilet trained MUST wear a double nappy-this means a child will need to wear a waterproof disposable/reusable swim/aqua nappy covered by a disposable/reusable snug fitting swim nappy or bathers. "Toilet trained" means the child sleeps through the night without the need to wear a nappy.
Parents are required to wear a T-shirt / Polo shirt over their bathers. The children use the T-shirts to grab onto which is an important part of their swimming and water safety training.
Swim Lesson Uniform
I understand students should wear proper, firm fitting swimming bathers (NOT Board shorts, shorts, tee shirts etc that cause unnecessary drag and do not aid buoyancy and the child's ability to demonstrate efficiency)
Our staff will advise if the swimming gear your child is wearing are inappropriate.
It is mandatory for all swimmers in Swim Tots and above to wear a cap and goggles (Optional for students in Infants classes)
Rash vests are appropriate but not required as the pool and air are warm year round.
Wet suit fabric bathers are unacceptable
CHILDREN NOT FULLY TOILET TRAINED
see 'Infants Aquatics protocols'
NO PHOTOGRAPHY of any description is permitted whilst you are at the pool. This protects children and adults from having their images taken without their permission.
The Swim Factory may use images of a child for teacher training. However we will not upload to our Facebook page or use for promotion without prior approval from the parent of the child concerned.
The Swim Factory may contact me by phone, email or text. This is a condition of enrolment and should be ticked on the Registration Form in the 'Contact' Section.
Release of Liability
As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless The Swim Factory, its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of The Swim Factory staff, its owners and operators or en-route to or from any of said premises.
Changes to Terms and Conditions of Service
I understand I can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on The Swim Factory website, on the notice board in the Foyer or on my Parent Portal.
I accept that The Swim Factory reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and Conditions of Service by posting updates and changes to its website or on its Registration Form. I accept it is my responsibility to check The Swim Factory website periodically for changes. My continued use of or access to our website, the Service or the Parent Portal following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes. I agree that it is my responsibility to monitor changes on The Swim Factory website and through my Parent Portal.